New to the District
Welcome to Great Valley School District!
The resources and links on this page may be helpful as you navigate the district as a new family. You are always welcome to reach out to your school principal with school-specific questions or needs.
There are four elementary schools in the Great Valley School District. Students in kindergarten through fifth grade attend these schools. Enrollment is based on residency.
Want to know what your home elementary school is? Use our enrollment tool to find out!
There is one middle school and one high school in the district.
Parent Teacher Organizations
A vibrant parent-teacher organization exists in each of our schools. These organizations raise funds for projects and events, host special events, and conduct regular meetings. Each PTO has a board and volunteers who run committees or help with special events. To learn more about each organization or to get involved, please use the links below.
There are routine tasks and reminders that may be helpful to you as a new GVSD family.
- Did you remember to add money to your student's cafeteria account?
- Do you know how to report a student absence? General information about absence requirements is posted on the district website. Please visit your school's page (under Our School -- Attendance Info) for information about reporting an absence at the school level.
- Do you know when school starts and ends?
- Are your student's physical and dental exam forms complete and submitted?
- Did you select transportations services when you registered your student? If you need to make a change (to add or remove services), email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your child's bus information can be found in the Skyward Family Access account.
- Be sure to regularly check your school newsletter and/or website for information about activities and events. The school or district calendar is also a helpful resource.
- Be sure to join your school's PTO and subscribe to your school's PTO email list to receive newsletters and reminders. Links to PTO websites are posted on this page.
- Want to volunteer in your child's school? There are clearance requirement for many of our volunteers. Learn more on this website. Clearances are required to serve as a field trip chaperone, classroom volunteer, etc.
- Interested in attending or watching an athletic event? Both MS and HS schedules, streaming links, and more are on the school websites.
- Looking for a club or after-school activity for your student? Check out the Clubs and Activities page on each school's website.
- Want to know if school is closed because of bad weather?
Resources for Information
Families are encouraged to reach out directly to their child's teacher with questions about the classroom or academic performance. Each of our principals is also happy to address questions related to school or the student/family experience. Other ways to stay informed about the district and our schools include:
- Attend or watch a School Board meeting or read an agenda.
- Check the district calendar or your school calendar for event and schedule information.
- Come to a Speaker Series event.
- Subscribe to receive our e-newsletter.
- Follow us on social media: Facebook or YouTube.
- Set your contact preferences for emails, phone calls, and texts. Then be sure to add email@example.com to your address book to ensure the delivery of emails.
- Join the PTO and subscribe to receive emails.
- Consider becoming a Parent Key Communicator, homeroom parent, or PTO board or committee member.
Technology in GVSD
Learn more about the technology used in GVSD by clicking one of the tabs below. Learn more about technology on our website.