General Support Volunteers
GENERAL SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS provide adult presence and direction for activities vital to the school's operation and the general educational process. Examples include:
Classroom Helper - assists teachers in materials distribution, collection of money and task maintenance during large-group activities, assemblies, and special programs. May also help with non-instructional tasks such as bulletin board construction, laminating and materials preparation.
- Cafeteria Volunteer/Playground Helper - helps to oversee lunchtime activities.
- Co-Curricular Activity Helper - works with sponsors, in conducting intramural, clubs, service programs, or booster clubs.
- Special Event Assistant - assist staff in events such as the Senior High Musical, band concerts, chorus concerts, elementary music programs, Day of the Arts.
- Mentor – works with individual child as an adult role model / friend / teacher with specific program guidelines.
- Furniture Repair – assist maintenance staff with furniture repairs within our five schools.