Letter from the Principal (6/3/2021)
June 3, 2021
Dear Charlestown Parents,
It is hard to believe, but one week from today the school year is over! Once again, I say, “THANK YOU”! To every parent, teacher, support staff, custodian, bus driver and student, thank you for your patience, flexibility and support this entire year. The pandemic made us think outside the box on procedures, routines and many aspects of every day life. Over the summer I will be reviewing this year’s procedures to see how and if they will apply next school year. (ex. Morning drop-off and pickup at the end of the day.)
Below are end of the year informational items that are important for both in-person and virtual families. I also want to take this time to congratulate our Charlestown 5th grade students as they move onto middle school. It has been pleasure to see how resilient not only the 5th graders, but all of our students have been for the last year and half. This skill was displayed by every member of our Charlestown Community. As June 10th, marks the last day of this school year, it also marks the last day for several of our long-term Charlestown families. I thank each of you for your commitment over the years for academic excellence, character development and financial support. In conclusion, I wish everyone a happy, safe and restful summer!
With much gratitude,
- Thursday, June 10th is the last day of school. Dismissal time is 12:00 Noon
- Supplies: All students are asked to return any textbooks, reading books, math manipulatives and supplies that are in good condition. In person students, please give them to your homeroom teachers. Virtual students, please return them to the main office.
- The District would like to have all books in the hands of all the students this summer. Starting today through Monday, students in grades K-2 will have the opportunity to checkout up to 8 books and students in grades 3-4 up to 4 books. In August, there will be designated days to return the books prior to the first day of school.
- Tonight, Thursday, June 3rd is the final PTO meeting. The zoom link will be emailed via schoolmessenger at 2:00 today.
- Tuesday, June 8th is our 5th Grade Farewell starting at 6:30.
- Wednesday, June 9th all in person students will receive a treat from Kona Water Ice. All virtual classes have or will receive a treat from Kona Water Ice. Our 3rd Grade virtual students will be mailed a $5.00 gift card to Dairy Queen. All of this is compliments of the CT PTO.
- Thursday, June 10th, all 5th grade parents are welcome to see their child walked down the ramp for the final time at 12:00.
- During the first week of August, Charlestown families will receive an email with information pertaining to next school year. It will include the dates of when class list will be available, New Family Orientation, transportation information.
- The District will provide all the school supplies needed for next school year.