Welcome to Sugartown's School Counselor Webpage!
Meet the School Counselor, Ms. Gualtieri
Hello Sugartown families!
My name is Ms. Jackie Gualtieri and I am beyond excited to be joining Sweet Sugartown as your new School Counselor. I absolutely love what I do and cannot wait to share it with you.
I received my Bachelor's and Master's Degree from West Chester University. My background is not solely limited to counseling, as I have worked as a teacher, social worker and support staff for students with disabilities. My unique work experiences have equipped me with a variety of knowledge and skills to support each diverse learner's academic, social-emotional, mental and behavioral needs.
My passion for counseling begins with equity and inclusion. Cultivating a safe school environment where diversity is not only expressed but respected through inclusive actions is a daily goal of mine. I believe the definition of learning looks different for every child and there are no limits to a child's success if they are provided with the appropriate opportunities.
As your child's school counselor, I am integrated into their daily schedule in a variety of ways. Please do not be surprised if your child says they spoke with the counselor today. Students will see me in the following places.
o upon arrival and at dismissal
o in the hallway
o during morning meetings
o during classroom activities
o in the cafeteria
o on the playground
o in the counseling office
o during school events
A few fun facts about me include...
- I am getting married in June!
- I have two rescue dogs named Ember and Fitz. I will often talk about and show students pictures.
- I love to play board and card games, not only with my students, but with my family and friends! Uno, Rummikub, Yahtzee and Sorry are a few of my favorites.
- I spend my summers exercising, reading and relaxing at my family's beach house.
- I am a huge Disney and Pixar movie fan! A few of my favorites include: Moana, Sing 2, Zootopia, Ratatouille, Frozen, Wreck It Ralph, and Inside Out, of course.
I encourage families to contact me anytime with any questions, concerns or changes in family.
I can be reached throughout the school day via email or my direct line listed below.
Main Phone: 610 699 1500
Direct Line: tbd