Real Estate Taxes
Great Valley School District real estate taxes are issued and collected by KEYSTONE COLLECTIONS GROUP. The school district tax year runs from July 1 - June 30. Tax bills are mailed out by July 1st each year to the name and address that the Chester County Assessment Office has on record at the time the bills are printed. If you have not received your tax bill by July 15th, please contact Keystone and request a duplicate tax bill. The customer service department can be reached at 888-519-3898.
2020 Payment Due Dates:
• Discount (2%) due date: August 31, 2020
• Face (no discount) due date: October 31, 2020 December 31, 2020*
• Penalty (10%) due date: December 31, 2020 Taxes that remain unpaid on December 31, 2020, will be assessed the 10% penalty and referred as delinquent.*
*On November 16, 2020, at its Business Meeting, the Board approved a motion to approve a revision to the 2020 Annual Tax Levy Resolution adopted by the Board on June 1, 2020. The revision is to waive the 10% penalty for a failure to pay real estate taxes through December 31, 2020. Taxes that remain unpaid on December 31, 2020, will be assessed the 10% penalty and referred as delinquent.
AFTER DECEMBER 31, 2020, UNPAID TAXES WILL BE TURNED OVER TO OUR DELINQUENT TAX
COLLECTOR, PORTNOFF LAW ASSOCIATES (866-211-9466).
If paying by the installment plan:
• Installment #1 due date: July 15, 2020
• Installment #2 due date: August 17, 2020
• Installment #3 due date: September 15, 2020
• Installment #4 due date: October 15, 2020
• Installment #5 due date: November 16, 2020
• Installment #6 due date: December 15, 2020
Any installment not paid in full by these dates is delinquent and will be subject to a 10% penalty. Any
installment payment received 10 days after the installment is due will be subject to a 10% penalty. No
discount applied to installment payments. Payments must be for the exact amount only or payment will be returned.
To see a sample bill, click here.
For the 2020-21 school year the approved millage rate is 21.81 (or 2.181 per $100 of assessment). The homestead/farmstead reduction amount is $121.29.