The rules and regulations of device use are provided here so that students and parents/guardians are aware of the responsibilities students accept when they use a district-owned iPad. In general, this requires efficient, ethical and legal utilization of all technology resources. Violations of these rules and guidelines may result in disciplinary action. Students receive iPad-related training at school during the first weeks of school. Below you will find a summary of the main points of each topic.
- All use of the iPad and network must support education.
- All students are allowed access to the iPad, Office 365 account and school network, unless the school is notified in writing by the parent/guardian.
- A student may not loan the iPad or 1:1 equipment to other students for any reason. Students who do so are responsible for any loss or damages.
- Students are expected to notify a staff member immediately if they come across information, images, or messages that are inappropriate, dangerous, threatening, or make them feel uncomfortable.
- All users are accountable to all school, district, local, state, and federal laws.
- All users of the GVSD network and equipment must comply at all times with the GVSD Acceptable Use Policy.
- Students and families must follow all guidelines set forth in the document and by GVSD staff.
- All rules and guidelines are in effect before, during, and after school hours, for all GVSD technology devices whether on or off campus.
- Any failure to comply with these guidelines may result in disciplinary action. GVSD may remove the user’s access to the network without notice at any time, if the user is engaged in any unauthorized activity.
- Do not share logins, passwords or pin numbers (Exception: Students may share their password with parents/guardians).
- Follow the internet safety guidelines.
Activities Requiring Teacher Permission
- Using headphones in class.
- Playing Games