Use this link to access the student/parent login page: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/parents.aspRemember that students and parents use the same login/passwordThe group name is " GVSDMusic "
As we look forward to school beginning, the music department would like to let you know about an important tool that we will be using in the coming year. Thanks to a generous donation from GVPMA (Great Valley Music Parents Association) the music department now has access to a dynamic online communication and data management system called Charms.
Charms is designed to be used by music departments to keep track of calendars, sheet music, instruments, uniforms, student accounts, and many other features that will allow us to streamline our logistics. Most importantly, Charms has a dynamic communication system that allows the music teachers and GVMPA to effectively communicate targeted information to the people who it affects. As an example, specific information can be sent to just the junior trumpet players about music, and different information can be sent to the 9th grade sopranos and their parents about a trip.
Each student has been given an individual account (free). Student and parents are asked to login before school starts by following the instructions below:
• Log on to www.charmsoffice.com , and hover over the “ENTER/LOG IN” link at upper right.
• Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
• Login to your child’s program account using the following School Code: “GVSDMusic”
• On this screen you enter your child’s Charms ID # (this is different than the school id #) as a Student Area Password. Once you have first entered this ID number, you may create your own, unique password by clicking on the “lock” (Change Password) icon – remember student and parents use the same password.
• After you update your password, you are asked to Update Personal Information – Students and parents are asked to enter contact information, especially email addresses, to help the teachers communicate with you more effectively. This information is shared at your option, and it is password protected and stored on a secure server that is outside of the district. This information will not be shared outside of the Charms system or with anyone other than the music staff and GVMPA.
If you have any questions feel free to contact Mr. Ceresini or Ms. Fisher. We thank you for your attention to this matter. Have a great August. See you soon!
Ms. Fisher and Mr. Ceresini