Fast Facts about the GVSD
- accommodates approximately 4000 students in four elementary schools (K-5), one middle school (6-8), and one high school (9-12).
- is extending its learning sites to include community corporations, business and cultural resources.
- Through business-education partnerships, students are provided school to work connections and opportunities.
- encourages community participation, responsibility, and involvement in the schools.
- has rigorous staff training and curriculum development programs which promote a competent, knowledgeable staff, and a challenging up-to-date curriculum.
- believes that technology is central to learning. All schools have been computer and video wired to allow for maximum utilization of technology.
- is located 25 miles west of Philadelphia in historic Chester County, with access to King of Prussia and Philadelphia by Route 202 and the Schuykill Expressway.
- encompasses Malvern Borough, Charlestown, East Whiteland and Willistown Townships.