Calling All Scientists
The 2022-2023 Science Fair is now accepting research proposals. Any student or team of students (2 or more) can submit their project to the Science Fair Coordinator: Dr Barry L. Ziober, email@example.com. All Science Fair students will compete in a schoolwide Science Fair with the top projects moving on to the Chester County Rorke-Adams Fair (grades 6-12) March 7, 2023, held at the Parkesburg Point Youth Center.
Top Chester County Science Fair projects are eligible to compete at the Delaware Valley Science Fair (DVSF) April 4-6th, 2023 held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, 100 Station Ave, Oaks, PA 19456. Top high-school DVSF winners can attend the 2023 Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF), Dallas, Texas, May 13-19th, 2023 to compete for more than $4 million in scholarships and awards. Top middle-school winners will be able to participate in the Broadcom MASTERS (Math, Applied Science, Technology, and Engineering for Rising Stars) national competition.
All individual and team projects must submit the completed ISEF forms (only fillable forms are accepted, see below) to the Science Fair Coordinator for approval before research can start. Please note that team projects are not eligible to compete at the May 2023 Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair this year.
ONLY projects involving animals, hazardous material, DNA, etc must submit their ISEF forms to the Science Fair Coordinator by November 11, 2022 for Scientific Rules Committee review and approval. All other projects can submit ISEF forms at any time prior to January 2023. However, the proposed research and ISEF paperwork must be approved before research can start! The start date for research will be the date your project is approved by the Coordinator; please do not fill out this date on your forms until you hear from the Coordinator. Below is additional information and helpful links for all student proposals.
Good Luck to All!
Science Fair Family Workshops
Two Science Fair Family Workshops, hosted by the Chester County Intermediate Unit (CCIU) will be held. One will be held Saturday, October 22, 2022, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., at the Technical College High School (TCHS)-Brandywine Media Center, lower lot of 455 Boot Road, Downingtown, PA 19335. An optional evening Workshop will be held Thursday, October 27, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at the CCIU Educational Service Center, Room 302, upper lot of 455 Boot Road, Downingtown, PA 19335. Please register here, www.cciu.org/science-help. The cost is $5.00 per family.
Additional information and helpful links
- Science Fair Coordinator: Dr Barry L. Ziober, firstname.lastname@example.org
- All ISEF forms must be submitted to the Science Fair Coordinator and approved before research can begin
- For projects involving animals, hazardous material, DNA, etc need to send their ISEF forms to the Science Fair Coordinator by November 11, 2022
- Middle School Science Fair, January 11, 2023 (snow date January 17th)
- High School Science Fair will be announced if needed
- ISEF fillable forms can be found here: K-12 Student Events / Chester County Science Research Competition (cciu.org)
- Local Fair dates and additional information can be found here, K-12 Student Events / Chester County Science Research Competition (cciu.org); https://www.dvsf.org
- Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair dates and more information about science fair competition can be found here, Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair | Society for Science
- Five projects of which only 2 can be team projects are permitted per grade; team projects are not eligible to compete at the May 2023 Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair