Great Valley School DistrictTitle I Program & Family EngagementTitle I is a 100% Federally funded supplemental education program that provides financial assistance to local educational agencies to improve educational opportunities for educationally deprived children. Title I programs are designed to help children meet the state content and performance standards in reading, language arts, and mathematics.Kathryn D. Markley Documents: Parent Compact (Spanish), Family Engagement Plan, Right to Know Letter (Spanish)Sugartown Documents: Parent Compact (Spanish), Family Engagement Plan, Right to Know Letter (Spanish)
Frequently Asked Questions
How will parents have opportunities for meetings such as parent-teacher conferences in various formats to permit two-way communication between home and school?
What forms of academic assessment are used to measure student progress, and how do parents know what proficiency levels students are expected to meet?
· Teachers will contact parents through email, letter, or telephone to communicate if a student is in need of ongoing academic support, the type of support provided, and specific areas of need.
· The district report card (published as a part of the district's annual report to the community)
· Parent-Teacher conferences held two times a year
· Meetings at the school will address strategies and ideas for parents to support children at home.
· The Title I Website, found on the school website at https://www.gvsd.org/ under “Parent Resources”
· Communication through email and telephone
· The Parent Committee will meet yearly to formulate suggestions, review policies, and foster collaboration between parents and school staff.
· Teachers and administrators are available via email and phone.
· Parent meetings will be held at various times of day
· Parent conferences will be held twice a year, or more frequently upon request, at a time that is convenient for parents.
· Teachers can be contacted via email or phone.· Teachers will discuss the curriculum at Back-to-School Night.· The curriculum is posted on the Great Valley website https://www.gvsd.org/.
· PSSA scores
· DIBELS data
· M.A.P. Scores
· District summative assessments
· Classroom work, homework
· Standards-based report cardsFor more information regarding the Academic Support program in your child's school, contact your child's teacher, the building reading specialist, or building principal.