Tips for Student Success
Back to School Tips
Get a Good Night's Sleep:
- It is important to have a set bed time and wake up time, especially during the school year.
- Getting into a routine is one of the most important things you can do to ensure a good school year.
- When choosing a breakfast, choose healthy foods that energize your day.
- Have your school-issued iPad charged. Keep the charger near your workspace in case you need to charge during the day.
- Practice getting into Microsoft Teams to ensure you’re ready to join class at 8:45 a.m.
Create a Workspace:
- Your workspace should be comfortable and functional.
- Include some flexible seating, if possible, for reading or a change of pace during the school day.
- Be sure all your school supplies are in your workspace. Think about including pens, pencils, notebooks, paper, and your iPad.
- Move around and take brain breaks during the day.
- Giving yourself time to exercise before focusing on learning is a great idea. Repeated physical activity throughout the day improves attention span!
- A consistent schedule for school work will allow you to plan the day and get into a routine.
- Try to do the same things at the same times during every school day.
- Set times for meals, school work, and brain breaks.
- Write out your schedule and post it in your workspace.