Technology to Support Virtual Learning
All students, K-12, will be issued a District-owned iPad, cable, and power adapter for their virtual learning program. The iPad will be equipped with the apps students will need to participate in online learning.
The following platforms will be the primary ones used this school year:
- Grades K-2: Seesaw Learning Platform and Microsoft Teams
- Grades 3-5: Seesaw Learning Platform, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneNote
- Grades 6-8: Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneNote
- Grades 9-12: Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneNote
Teachers may introduce students to other apps/platforms throughout the year.
To learn more about our learning platforms/apps, please visit the Learning Resources Overview page.
Each student's GVSD iPad is equipped with an app that acts as a content filter, even during home use. That app is called RelaySmartAgent, and is designed to make your student’s online experience safer and more secure.
The filter will block the following categories of content on the iPad:
- Mature (pornography, drugs, gambling, sex, lingerie, nudity, mature games, etc.)
- Security (malware, proxy bypass sites, translators other than our approved list)
- Violence (defined as promotion of violence and anarchy)
- Advertising (ads, spam, spam – shopping)
- Computers (file/photo hosting, freeware, shareware)
- Social Media
- Plagiarism (sites that sell term papers, research papers, and other ways to help students cheat)
- Recreation – (entertainment, audio/video - except Zoom and Microsoft, shopping, fantasy sports, etc.)
The filter should not interfere with student’s use of the iPad to complete assignments, interact with the class, or other school-related work. Should your student need educational access to a site that is blocked by the content filter, please have them submit an IssueTrak to email@example.com.