Einheit Dreizehn - die dreizehnte Einheit
Topics/Texts Communication Grammar Learning Skills Germany, Austria, Switzerland
Trips and traveling
Planning and orientation: location and time
At the snack bar
Hamburg liegt im Norden von X
Timo will nach X fahren.
mit dem Auto
Ich schlage vor...
...wir fahren nach X / in die Y
Ich möchte lieber...
Was möchtest du?
nach, an der, an die, ans
wollen, mögen (ich möchte)
Working with dialog building blocks
Reading Strategy: Selective reading
Listening strategy: focus on interrogatives
Working with a map
- Learning targets
- NEW - Klick from Langenscheidt
- Matching: How are you? Wie geht's and various replies
- How are you? Wie geht's 1 and Wie geht's 2
- Fill ins with How are you?
- Travel Nouns and Other Nouns
- Genders of locationsand Learn your genders - Fling!
- Means of transportation
- Adjectives and Other vocab and Adjectives and Other vocab Quizlet
- Verbs - Verben
- Compass Directions drop-down OR fill-in
- Nach vs. zu
Two-way Prepostions and Contractions
- Fill in the definite article chart THREE TIMES PERFECT IN A ROW
- Genders of locations
- Prepositions and contractions
- Match Two-way prepositions - can take either ACCUSATIVE (with motion) or DATIVE (no motion)
- General: Two-way preposition Sample phrases from Einheit 12
- Ralf der Räuber and 2-way preps
- Two-way prepositions - can take either ACCUSATIVE (with motion) or DATIVE (no motion) 3x PERF IN A ROW
- Sample sentences TWO TIMES PERFECT IN A ROW
- Two-way: Accusative - match preposition and noun
- Two-way preps fill-in - accusative with motion
- Two-way: Dative - match preposition and noun
- Two way preps fill-in - dative with place/position/location
- Two-way summary of above preposition exercise drop-down - or fill-in with mixed acc and dative
NEW - make sure you've finished everything above - this is EXTRA and not necessary at this point
- Dative only Prepositions - some prepositions take ONLY dative
- Dative Prepositions Quizlet
- Contractions with prepositions and verbs
- Invaders - Do you know all your vocab? Let's see
- Frau Dunn - choose Einheit 13 and try the was wisst ihr = what do you (all) know?
Food - Essen
- Pass auf! Pay attention to der/die/das while doing these
- My food matching exercises One and Two
- Meals in German
- Beverages in German
- Foods in German - One
- Foods in German - Two
- Foods in German - Three
- Food matching one, two, three, four
- Amounts matching and extra vocab non-count
- Matching Stores and shops
- Extra Vocab matching one and two
- Tongue-twister with "frisch" - Fischers Fritz fischt frische Fische - Fritz Fischer fishes for fresh fish
- Chapter 8 ONLY - Der,die,das,die #132 and Plurals #86.
- Chapter 6: What will you have? Forms of EIN used when ordering
- Indefinite Articles - chapters 1-8: ein, eine or ein?
- Chapter 3 Food matching exercises One and Two
- Describing how something tastes - matching
- Paying the bill - matching
- FEELING BRAVE? Matching - Some simple metric conversions
- Book site - metric weights and equivalents
- Kilos and Liters? Convert volumes and weights plus converting prices into Euros
- Bist du höflich? Are you polite? The many uses of Danke and Bitte
- More Food vocab, exercises, shopping and information
- Directions on a map - North, south, east, west, southeast, etc.
- Matching: city vocab
- Matching: Forms of transportation in Munich
- Matching: Formalities, apologies and thanks
- Game with directions
- Vocabulary - asking for directions
- Directions matching one and two
- Matching: Ordinal numbers - first, second, third, etc. Audio files
- Fill-ins: Ordinal numbers and classes.