Welcome to Dogs at Work!
This is our big Nonfiction Unit where we decided to explore dogs and the work they do!
In Phase 1.. (End of November)
- we explored what we knew about dogs and created webs to work off of
- we wrote stories about experiences we have had with dogs
In Phase 2... (December and 1/2 of January)
- we started to research and learn about dogs and the work they do
- we had experts come and visit us to teach us about some different dogs and their jobs
- we wrote about our visits and what we learned
- we picked a dog job topic to research more about on our own and write about it
In Phase 3... (January)
- we picked a group topic to study more in depth
- we do some more research and learnings
- we create a project to show what we have learned
- we present the projects at our Expert Fair!
Check out some photos from Phase 2 and our Expert Visits!
Mrs. Greco from Barkingham Palace (Grooming)
Donna Sargent & Gilbert from Canine Partners for Life(Service Dogs)
Deputy Klein & Maddie (Chester County Sheriff K-9)
Deputy Inderel & Terence (Chester County Sheriff K-9)
Main Line Deputy Dog(Service Dog)
Miss Lesley & Harvey from PAWS for people (Therapy Reading dog)
Chester County Search and Rescue(Search and Rescue dogs)
Dog Expo 2019
Held on January 31, 2019 even with a 2 hour delay! Check out the photos for all the fun we had! We are raising money and collecting items to be donated to Canine Partners for Life!