- Please be sure to check Skyward on a regular basis. Link is above
- It is the responsibility of the student to complete any missed or late assignments which can be turned in late for full credit prior to each quiz.
- Students: show all your work to your parents.
- Parents: review your child's work and encourage them to seek help if needed
- Unit Assessments are not sent home...they are kept on file. Your child has the opportunity to review the assessments and schedule a time to ask questions.
- Abbreviations in Skyward:
- MISS: Missing (student has not turned in work. Must do so immediately)
- 1: If a student earns a 1 for an assignment, it means that the assignment is missing and the grade will remain a 1 until the assignment is turned in. Full credit can still be earned despite being late.
- LATE: Late (student did turn in work late and credit was given)
- ABS: Absent (student was absent and must turn in work)
- Check Mark: Assignment was not counted for points (no count) but credit given for completion
- *: Grade or Check was not posted yet in skyward
Extra Credit: There are no extra credit assignments. Multiple opportunities throughout the marking period encourage students to self-monitor learning of concepts and improve grades.Retakes: There are retake opportunities on quizzes. In order to retake, the student must...
- Homework: 10%
- Labs/Activities: 30%
- Quizzes and Tests: 60%
- not miss any homework assignments prior to the quiz
- complete self created review activity
- see teacher to make a plan and/or review mistakes
- retake quiz within 6 cycle days of receiving the original quiz score
Qualities of Learner (QL) Grade:
- Coming to class unprepared 3 times or having 3 missing, late, or incomplete assignments during a marking period will result in a Needs Improvement (NI) Quality of a Learner grade (QL).
- Repeated missed additional assignments will result in the QL grade dropping to Unsatisfactory (U).
- Other factors such as effort, attitude, and class participation will also play a role in the QL grade.
- It is the student’s responsibility to complete any assignments he/she has missed and keep them in his/her science binder or on the computer after showing the teacher.
- See GVMS Qualities of a Learner rubric for more information.