GREAT VALLEYMIDDLE SCHOOL
8th GRADE HEALTH
Mr. Weiner Room 119
The student will:
1. Develop an understanding of the relationship between physical, mental, and social health.
2. Realize the personal responsibility for maintaining and improving the quality of their health.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
1. Arrive to class on time.
2. Be prepared by bringing your notebook, pencils, and any work that is due.
3. A notebook is required for Health class. It should allow you to organize all class materials and take notes during class.
4. All assignments are due at the beginning of class on the due date. Anything turned in after that will be considered late. Assignments will be accepted up to two weeks after the due date, with a maximum grade of 85%. Assignments will not be accepted after the two week extension.
5. Students are responsible for making up all assignments missed due to absence.
6. Students are permitted one retake of any quiz or test. The retake must occur within two weeks of the original quiz/test.
7. Extra help and make up/retake tests or quizzes are available every day during 8thperiod. I will be happy to give an 8thperiod pass for these reasons.
8. Be attentive and respectful to your classmates and teacher at all times.
The ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT GRADE will be based on a combination of homework, in class assignments, projects, quizzes, and tests.
The QUALITIES OF A LEARNER GRADE will be based on factors such as class participation, on time completion of assignments, preparedness for class, and ability to stay on task.