8th Grade HEALTH
COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Arrive to class on time.
2. Be prepared by bringing your notebook, pencils, and any work that is due.
3. A notebook is required for Health class. It should allow you to organize all class materials and take notes during class.
4. All assignments are due at the beginning of class on the due date. Anything turned in after that will be considered late. Assignments will be accepted up to two weeks after the due date, with a maximum grade of 85%. Assignments will not be accepted after the two week extension.
5. Students are responsible for making up all assignments missed due to absence.
6. Students have the option to retake any assessment; only one retake per assessment. The retake must occur within two weeks of the original assessment.
7. Extra help and make up/retake tests or quizzes are available every day during 8thperiod. I will be happy to give an 8thperiod pass for these reasons.
8. Be attentive and RESPECTFUL to your classmates and teacher at all times.
The ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT GRADE will be based on a combination of homework, in class assignments, projects, quizzes, and tests.
The QUALITIES OF A LEARNER GRADE will be based on factors such as class participation, on time completion of assignments, preparedness for class, and ability to stay on task.