Athletic Training GuidelinesAthletic Training Room Guidelines
Return-to-Play after an InjuryAny time an athlete is seen by a Physician, for anything other than a routine check-up, a note from that Physician must be brought to the Athletic Training Staff detailing the condition, any restrictions due to this condition and any required rehabilitation or treatment needed. This includes any trips to an Emergency Room.
- The Athletic Training Room (ATR) will generally be open from the end of the school day until the end of practices/games unless otherwise posted or needed for sports coverage.
- ALL athletic injuries should be reported to the Athletic Training Staff as soon as possible.
- Athletes will be treated on a first-come first-serve basis with the exception of teams that are traveling or teams with games.
- Athletes are responsible for getting their taping or treatments done in time for practices/games.
- Injured players are expected to report to the ATR for treatments and/or rehabilitation after 3:00 p.m. unless otherwise directed by the Athletic Training Staff.
- No athlete is permitted to use the ATR, its modalities and/or equipment without the supervision of a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Self-treatment is not permitted at anytime. Athletes must be evaluated by the Athletic Training staff prior to any treatments or rehabilitation.
- Treatments and rehabilitation should be completed until released by the Athletic Training staff.
- Please be respectful of others in the ATR. Vulgar and offensive language will not be tolerated. Failure to comply will result in removal from the ATR.
- Please leave all sports-related equipment, bags, etc outside of the ATR.
- Spikes and cleats are not to be worn in the ATR.
- Appropriate attire is expected in the ATR. Failure to do so will result in removal from the ATR.
- Please keep the ATR clean and orderly. Place dirty towels in the towel bin. Medical and rehabilitation equipment should be returned to its appropriate location.
- No rough housing will be permitted in the athletic training room. Failure to do so will result in removal from the ATR.
If an athlete has been restricted from practice/play by a Physician, a note from that Physician will be required to return-to-play. If the Athletic Training Staff has restricted an athlete from practice/play they may not return until cleared by the Athletic Training Staff.A Sports Medicine Handbook has been developed by the Athletic Training Staff to review the general workings, polices and procedures of the Athletic Training Program for students, parents and coaches.