Meet Mrs. Darlak
I am so excited to be teaching at GVMS for the 2021-2022 school year! I am looking forward to working together, learning together, supporting one another, and having fun! Here is a little information about myself!
- I grew up on Long Island, but have lived in this area since 1992.
- This summer, my husband Darryl and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary.
- We have three beautiful children: Daniel, Julia, and Andrew.
- Even though I am a New York transplant, my husband has successfully converted me to all Philly sports teams!
- I have a BA from St. Joseph's College, NY, in Elementary and Special Education.
- I have an M.Ed. from West Chester University in Elementary School Counseling.
- I hold Middle School Certifications in Language Arts, Math, and Social Studies.
- I have 17 years of teaching experience.
- Prior to teaching at GVMS, I taught in the UK, for the CCIU, and was a Learning Support teacher at the old KDM.
I love to spend time with my family, travel, and stay active!
I want to help my students succeed and grow to their fullest potential, and to become as independent as possible.