School bus service is furnished to all students according to the rules and regulations set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Department of Transportation and local Board of School Directors.
1. Students are permitted to ride only the bus to which they are assigned five days per week.
2. Requests to ride a different bus or to get off at a different bus stop must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and we require one (1) day's notice.The only exception to this will be an emergency situation. The request should include the student's name, school, the bus number they will be riding, the bus stop location and the reason for the request. Drivers will not accept notes from parents as a bus pass. Requests are subject to space available on the bus.
3. If a stop is inactive for ten (10) days or more, it may be removed from the route unless the parent notifies the transportation department of other circumstances.
4. Students must obey the bus driver.
5. Students must be at the bus stop at least 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
6. Students must obey everyday safety rules and not stand or play in the road. They must also respect the property of others.
7. Students must not approach the bus until it comes to a complete stop and the red lights and crossing gate are activated and all traffic has stopped.
8. Students are to enter the bus using the handrail and take a seat without delay and without disturbing other passengers.
9. Students are to remain in their seats until the bus comes to a complete stop.
10. The bus driver, for reason of discipline or order, has the right to assign seats on the bus.
11. Students are to use a “Quiet Voice” when talking on the bus. Shouting and yelling will not be tolerated.
12. Students who misbehave on the bus may be suspended from the bus service by the building principal.
13. Offensive gestures or behavior deemed inappropriate will not be tolerated.
14. Students are not to put any part of their body outside of the bus at anytime.
15. Students should not throw any objects inside or outside of the bus at anytime.
16. The bus should be kept in a clean and orderly fashion.
17. Missing the bus is not a lawful absence.
18. High school and middle school students walk out of a development to their bus stop. Exceptions to this rule: if the bus needs to turn around, it is a very large development, or there is no safe location outside the development for the bus stop.
19. Seat belts must be used on those vehicles that have them installed.
20. NO SMOKING ON THE BUS.
21. NO EATING OR DRINKING ON THE BUS.
22. NO FIGHTING.
23. Students may not play any type of radio, tape or CD player without headphones on the bus.
24. Items that can not fit on the child’s lap may not be taken on the bus (state law).
25. Students are not to use foul or profane language on the bus.
26. We do not transport any Pre-K students.
27. The school bus is an extension ofthe classroom and classroom rules apply.
Bus drivers are to notify school authorities of any infraction of these rules. Normally, for the first infraction a warning letter will be sent home. If the first infraction is a serious one (ex. smoking or fighting), a student may be put off the bus without a warning. For a second infraction, a student may be put off the bus for an indefinite period of time.
The bus driver DOES NOT have the authority to change the location of a bus stop. Please e-mail your request to: email@example.com or by mail to 47 Church Road, Malvern, PA 19355, Attention: Transportation Department.