Annual Health Screenings
Mandated health screenings are completed by the School Nurse annually and at any other time as requested by a parent or a teacher. Parents will be notified if a student does not pass their screenings. Parents can view screening results in Skyward Family Access.
- Near Vision and Far Vision: all grades, every year
- Color Vision Test: Grade 1
- Detects discrepancy in ability to recognize color
- Convex Lens Test (Plus Lens): Grade 1
- Detects excessive farsightedness and binocular problems
- Stereo Depth Test: Grade 2
- Tests for binocularity, lazy eye, and poor eye alignment
- Hearing: Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 7, 11
- Height/Weight/BMI/BMI Percentile: all grades, every year
BMI is a measurement that helps determine if a child's weight is appropriate for his/her height. The percentile shows a comparison of your child's BMI to others of the same age group and gender. The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests a consultation with your physician if your child's BMI falls below the 5th percentile or is above the 85th percentile.