Interested in SCIENCE FAIR?
-COME TO THE INTEREST MEETING ON Wednesday, OCTOBER 20TH
- If you can't come to the meeting, or missed it, see Mrs. O'Neill for information
**DO NOT start your experiment until Mrs. O'Neill tells you your plan has been approved!
- Start filling out your plan for your experiment. What are the steps that you will take to conduct your experiment? Turn in your forms and wait to hear back from Mrs. O'Neill BEFORE starting the experiment!
*Find the Science Fair board outside of Mrs. O'Neill's room. There will be updates posted here! Make sure you look at it on a regular basis!
FORMS: NO EXPERIMENT IS DONE UNTIL FORMS ARE APPROVED!
Due OCTOBER 28TH: Form 1, 1A, 1B, Risk Assessment, Research Plan, Activity form with $40
*human participans and qualified scientist only if your project requires
*DO NOT fill in the title YET! We will do that after the Sugartown Fair for projects moving on to the County Fair!
- $40 ACTIVITY FEE
NEED HELP filling out your forms?? Click on the example pages below!
BETWEEN project approval and FAIR DAY:
- conduct your experiment
- Keep a lookout on the science section of Mrs. O'Neill's science fair board for updates
- take pictures and keep a journal while you work
- See Mrs. O with any questions
- write an abstract for your board (link under "fair day")
- make a tri-fold board to display the question you are experimenting, and your results!
- make google slides to share your results as well (prior to the county fair)
Sugartown and County FAIR DAY: DECEMBER 15th
- Bring your project board
- Make sure that you kept a journal- judges may ask you about it if you go to county!
- judging form - want to see what the judges will be looking for? Take a look!
- You need an abstract on your board! See how to write an abstract below!
FOR COUNTY FAIR PARTICIPANTS ONLY: you will be maing a google slide to share with judges AHEAD of the county fair:
WHAT SHOULD YOUR SLIDES INCLUDE?
- TITLE: 1 SLIDE
- ABSTRACT: 1 SLIDE
- RESEARCH PLAN: 1 SLIDE
- DATA/GRAPHS: 1-3 SLIDES
- IMAGES/PICTURES: 1-4 SLIDES
- CONCLUSION: 2 SLIDES