These are some new websites for you to check out. ENJOY!
Learn to read site
International Children's Digital Library (online books for free)
http://www.icdlbooks.org/index.shtmlAwesome Math Websites
Awesome website-just like google or yahoo for kids!
- (610) 889-2100
- 47 Church Road, Malvern, PA 19355
- (610) 889-1900
- 225 N. Phoenixville Pike, Malvern, PA 19355
- (610) 644-6440
- 255 N. Phoenixville Pike, Malvern, PA 19355
- (610) 935-1555
- 2060 Charlestown Road, Malvern, PA 19355
- Principal - Mr. Ed Souders
- (610) 647-6651
- 20 Devon Road, Malvern, PA 19355
- (610) 644-1790
- 354 Swedesford Road
- Google: fast and thorough
- TekMom: well-organized and screened for kid safety
- Yahooligans: kid safe searching
Research & Homework Help:
- Addition Table: online table with games available.
- BJ Pinchbeck's Homework Helper: lots of help organized by a 13-year-old boy.
- Children's Literature Web Guide: Guide to educational literature sites for children.
- The Classroom: Resources and homework helpers for students of all ages.
- Common Errors in English: Easy guide to common errors in the English language.
- Guide to Grammar and Writing: Excellent educational tool to build writing skills.
- Multiplication Table: Online games are available at the bottom of this table.
- Multiplication Tips: Hints for multiplying by 5, 9, and 11.
- Word Central: Great dictionary resource.
- Xpeditions: National Geographic's interactive site includes over 1,800 maps that help students meet geography standards.
Learning Can Be Fun:
- A+ Math: Get help with your math homework or refine your math skills with games and downloadable flash cards.
- AIMS Puzzle Corner: Solve some math puzzles.
- Alfy: The Kids Portal Playground: all kinds of activities here.
- Alta's Online Games and Activities: Your will find all kinds of games to play online. They are fun, free, and educational.
- BrainPop: You will love the movies and activities here.
- Brain Quest: This site will keep you busy for a while.
- BrainTeaser's Contest: monthly contest from Houghton-Mifflin.
- Bricks Activity: A classroom activity (also called the Masonry Problem; a variation on polyominoes) aligned to the NCTM and California Standards, to be explored through manipulatives (dominoes). Students explore different possibilities of making brick walls with and without fault lines, using diagram, process, and solution in their problem solving. A teacher lesson plan is provided.
- Disney: lots of fun for the family.
- Dragonfly: Miami Univ. of Ohio with the NSTA Dragonfly Magazine publishes poetry, autobiographies, natural history essays, humor, artwork, etc. Interdisciplinary explorations such as Small and Tall (watch Danielle grow from 5 to 17 in 5 seconds) link math and science.
- Education 4 Kids: Online drill games in math, science, and social studies.
- Enchanted Learning: Gateway to children's educational web sites and games which are designed to capture the imagination while maximizing creativity, learning, and enjoyment.
- Flashcards for Kids: online interactive practice for math facts.
- Fun Brain: Online educational games for kids of all ages.
- Geographia: A great goegraphy resource with information on over 75 countries. Includes audio and video features to bring foreign locales to life.
- How Stuff Works: Hundreds of cool articles that explain "How Stuff Works."
- Math Puzzles and Problems: Choose from many puzzles and problems to solve.
- Scholastic: lots of stuff for kids, parents, and teachers.
- Sea & Sky: Explore the wonders of the outreaches of the universe and the depths of oceans at this science education site.
- View from a Satellite: See the Earth from satellites in orbit around our planet.
- Vocabulary.com: Participate in free vocabulary puzzles to enhance vocabulary mastery.
- Weekly Reader Galaxy: great place for kids, parents, and teachers
Especially for Parents and Teachers:
- NASA Education Program: Guide to NASA's educational programs with resources for both teachers and students.