Right to Know Requests
Anyone seeking access to or duplication of a public record must submit a written request, using the form on the left, addressed to the GVSD right-to-know officer, Charles Peterson.
This request must identify or describe the public record with sufficient specificity to allow the district to determine which record is being requested, and must include the name and address to which the district should send its response.
Upon completing a right-to-know form, please submit it in one of the following manners:
By e-mail: Sent, as a completed and signed scanned attachment, to the attention of Mr. Charles Peterson at email@example.com. An e-mail will not be considered submitted until a complete, accessible copy of that e-mail is received by the person to whom it is addressed.
By regular mail: Send to the attention of Mr. Charles Peterson at the district administrative offices at 47 Church Road, Malvern, PA 19355.
In person: At the district business offices – 47 Church Road, Malvern – on any business day during regular business hours.
By fax: 610-889-2120.
Response: By law, GVSD must respond within five business days.
(Extensions for the five-day requirement are set forth in section 902 of the new law.)
1. The request requires redaction of a record;
2. The request requires the retrieval of a record stored in a remote location;
3. A timely response is not possible due to bona fide staffing limitations;
4. Legal review to determine if the record can be accessed;
5. Requestor has not complied with the district's policies regarding access to records;
6. Requestor refuses to pay applicable fees; or
7. The extent or nature of the request precludes a response within the required time period.Resources:GVSD Right to Know Request Form (PDF)GVSD Right to Know Request Form (Word)