GVSD has provided Engage NY Support to help families and students with our fraction unit.Students will receive information explaining how to access the math textbook online soon after the year begins.NEW - To access all math materials online, follow these steps:
Topics of study this year will include:
- Go to https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com
- Enter information for State, District, School. Check the "Remember my information" box
- Enter your username and password
username - Kkeating26GVSD (first initial, last name, graduation year, GVSD)
password - Kdm260000 (capital K, lowercase dm, lunch account number)
- Click on My Library for access to the text, workbook, and virtual math manipulatives, lesson videos, and interactive games!
Links for practicing important math concepts!Practice using a protractor herePractice factors and multiples here
- whole number and decimal place value
- addition and subtraction of decimals and whole numbers
- multiplication and division of whole numbers and decimals
- measurement in metric and standard units
- fraction and mixed-number operations
- solving algebraic equations following Order of Operations and using operational properties
- Mrs. Keating's 2016-17 Class - Dreambox Log-in - click below:
Practice place value. The goal of the place value game is to create the largest possible number from the digits the computer gives you. You can't rearrange any of the digits once you place them, so think carefully!
http://www.ixl.com/math/grade-4 This is a fantastic site that focuses on various math topics by grade level!
Another great math site! Click here for great math games!
http://www.aplusmath.com/Flashcards/index.html You can choose to practice using online flashcards, print your own practice worksheets for review and much more!