Ms. Quinn-Kerins MacDonald
Third Grade Teacher
General Wayne Elementary School
Welcome to Third Grade! My name is Katie Quinn-Kerins MacDonald and I am SO excited to be teaching your third grader this year!
I have been teaching in the Great Valley School District for 16 years! I graduated from Bucknell University with a double major in business management and economics. I also attended The University of Pennsylvania, where I earned my master’s degree in elementary education. I have had the opportunity to teach in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades at Great Valley. I spent the first five years of my teaching career at General Wayne Elementary School. I also taught at K.D. Markley Elementary School for nine years. I moved back to GWES to teach 3rd grade two years ago. I am excited to continue this journey with you!
Open communication is very important to me. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns. The best way to reach me is through e-mail… email@example.com. You may also call the GWES school office 610-647-6651 and leave a message. I will check student assignment books each day. You can always add notes to me or your child. This is a great way to share reminders!
Fun Facts About Ms. QK Mac:
- I have been married to my husband, Matt, for three years!
- I spend most of my free time with my family, my husband, our friends, and our awesome dogs, Buca and Ginger!
- I have a special fondness for rescue dogs! I have had up to 4 dogs at one time!
- I love to shop for new books (especially for our classroom)! I also love reading to my class!
- I think celebrating birthdays and holidays is lots of fun! We will make time to celebrate each student’s birthday this year!
- I also love to try new restaurants (especially if they have lots of vegetarian friendly options!) I can't wait to get back to visiting places when it's safe to do so!
- I love to spend time in nature. The beach and the woods both make me feel really relaxed.
- I am working on learning more ways to incorporate technology into our lessons. I am excited to explore more with my class this year!
- When I travel, I look for waterfalls or try to find hikes that lead to waterfalls!