Welcome to Mr. Gimbel's
4th Grade Math Page!
Students are required to have the following materials for math this year:
Homework (or, dare I say, Home Enjoyment) is assigned every weeknight. All problems should be attempted, even if you are unsure of the answer. This is how I can see your thinking and provide help where needed.
Topics of study this year will include:
- whole number and decimal place value to the millions
- methods of estimation
- multiplication and division of larger numbers
- measurement in metric and standard units
- addition & subtraction using fractions, mixed numbers, and decimals
- geometry including angles, protractor use, composite figures, and area & perimeter
- problem-solving strategies, including bar model use
K. D. Markley DreamBox website:
Math facts practice: