Subcommittee work will focus on four areas: climate, curriculum, hiring, and community outreach. In the first year (2020-2021), the subcommittees will work on identified goals.
- Provide professional development to District staff regarding cultural awareness and unconscious bias.
- Identify survey to distribute to students and staff at various levels regarding equity and belonging in GVSD.
- Perform a curricular audit of materials and resources related to Social Studies (to begin) this year.
- Create a feedback loop to the Department of Teaching and Learning regarding curriculum and programming.
- Create a plan regarding recruitment and retention.
- Institute a robust mentoring program.
- Create partnerships with culturally diverse colleges and universities.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & OUTREACH
- Enhance the CDI website.
- Create a baseline inventory of events in each building that highlight/celebrate diverse populations.
- Identify events in each building that may create or highlight inequities among the student/staff population.
- Form/facilitate focus groups to better understand and address the needs identified in climate survey.