Verification of Alternative Physical Education Credit
How does the verification process work?
GVSD sponsored activities:
* At the conclusion of each season, coaches receive a roster of all students who are participating in ALT PE who are on their teams.
* Coaches will confirm any credit that the students on their teams earn.
* The guidance department receives the list from the Director of ALT PE, and awards students’ credit.
* Students and parents should be able to view their earned credit within a few weeks of the end of their athletic seasons.
Activities Not Sponsored by GVSD:
* Students should complete the digital verification form (Appendix B), which will be sent as a link in an email from the Director of ALT PE.
* The verification is automatically sent to the sponsoring coach, at the email address listed on the form, for approval.
* After the sponsoring coach approves, the verification is automatically sent to the supervisor of ALT PE at the high school for his approval.
* An email confirmation will be sent to students and parents, at the completion of every step in the process. Students should keep these emails for their records.
What are the windows of time to verify credit for ALT PE?
Fall – The verification is posted at the end of the athletic season, or by the end of November. The deadline for submission of verification is January 10th.
Spring – The verification is posted at the end of the athletic season. The deadline for submission of verification is May 10th.
What do I do if I could not complete the program requirements during the allotted time this semester?
Immediately reach out to the ALT PE supervisor (Mr. Kasper) and your guidance counselor for more information.
Will there be an “unsatisfactory” label on my transcript if I don’t complete the requirements?
No, students who earn an unsatisfactory grade in the ALT PE program will have it removed from their schedules and transcripts for the corresponding semester.
What do I do if I cannot complete my approved activity due to a medical condition?
If a medical condition prevents a student from completing the student’s activity, a doctor’s note must be provided to the ALT PE supervisor. Credit may or may not be awarded for the activity depending on the circumstances.