2022-2023 National Honor Society Candidate for Membership Process
Thank you for your interest in the Great Valley Chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS).
If you are a current Junior or Senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, you are invited to participate in the membership selection process.
Only those eligible for membership are invited to participate in the selection process, and invitations will be sent via school email by the end of day on 9/20/2022.
To participate in the candidate selection process, the student must complete the Candidate Information Form and submit their responses online by 8:00 AM on 9/27/2022. Students should not wait until the last minute to complete the submission, as that does not allow time to resolve any unanticipated issues. The link for the online submission will be shown in step 3 below.
If you would like to see some examples of service and leadership from prior members of GVHS NHS, click here to see the presentation from last year's Induction Ceremony.
A few suggestions for students as they complete the Candidate Information Form:
1. Write your responses for the Candidate Information Form in a Word document. If you would like a copy of the form to review offline, you can open a pdf by clicking here and using your school email to log in to Office 365.
2. Type all responses in a Word document, save your work frequently, and ensure correct spelling and grammar.
3. After you have reviewed your work, you should open the Microsoft Form by clicking here. You can then copy your responses into the online submission form. This final step must be completed before 9/27/22 at 8:00 AM.
4. Be honest, but do not be modest. Share specific details about your leadership and service in school and the community.
5. Descriptions of service and leadership should be succinct but include detailed, specific examples. Consider what you would share if you only had a few minutes to describe an activity to someone unfamiliar with your activity or organization.
Requirements to participate in the candidate selection process:
Current Junior or Seniors with at least one semester at GVHS:
- Scholarship: A GPA of 3.5 or greater (this can be found on Naviance)
- Character: A clean discipline record and an active participant in the school community
- Service: Participation in community service activities through school and community organizations
- Leadership: A record of demonstrating initiative and guiding peers in a positive way
Candidate Process Timeline:
- Tuesday, 9/20/22 by 3:15 PM: The online Candidate Information Form link will be open.
- Please note that the Candidate Information Form does not save your work over extended periods of time, so you should review the questions, thoughtfully write your responses in a Word document, and save them often in the Word document until you are ready to submit to the online form.
- Wednesday, 9/21/22 at 7:30 in the Library and 2:30 in the Auditorium: Question and Answer Session with the NHS officers and Dr. Morabito about the Candidate Information Form for those who want to attend.
- Friday, 9/23/22 evening: Dr. Morabito will send an email to students who have a submission in the online Candidate Information form. If you want confirmation that your submission was received, complete and submit your form before 2:30 PM on 9/23/22. The form will not be reviewed for completeness, only if received.
- Tuesday, 9/27/22 at 8:00 AM: Online Candidate Information Form closes and will not accept submissions after this time.
Please note that Dr. Morabito (room 130, firstname.lastname@example.org) is available to answer student questions about the candidate selection process and eligibility during the selection window.