Did you miss Senior Parent/Student Night? View videos here.
College Planning- SENIOR YEAR DETAILED CHECKLIST
SENIOR YEAR INFORMATION
- COLLEGE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: STUDENTS are responsible for knowing each college’s application requirements and for ensuring that all pieces of the application arrive prior to the deadline. Students need to submit the application online, which may include essay(s) and a resume. Students must request the counseling office sends your transcript/school packet, with sufficient notice (at least 15 days) in Naviance under “Colleges I’m Applying to”. Students need to send your test scores to each college. Visit www.collegeboard.org to send SAT or SAT Subject Test scores. Visit www.actstudent.org to send ACT scores. Scores can take 2-3 weeks to arrive to the college after you request they be sent.
- SENIOR MEETING with your counselor: You will automatically be scheduled for a senior meeting with your counselor in September or early October to review your transcript, colleges where you will apply, internal application procedures, information to be included in your letter of recommendation, and any individual questions you may have. Please reach out to your counselor anytime with questions. Senior meetings during the summer are encouraged. Please contact your counselor if you wish to meet during the summer.
- VISIT WITH COLLEGE REPS: College reps are visiting GVHS virtually this year. Sign up in NAVIANCE at least one day in advance, to meet with the Admission Representatives at the colleges you are considering or colleges where you will apply. These representatives often have at least one review of your application!
- DOCUMENT LIBRARY in NAVIANCE: Access the document library in NAVIANCE for helpful tools by scrolling to bottom and find: Resources to get ready - DOCUMENT RESOURCES)
- CONFIRM YOUR TRANSCRIPT & SCHOOL PACKET REQUEST: A successful electronic request for your transcript & school packet to be sent can be confirmed under “Colleges I’m Applying to” in Naviance- it should say “REQUESTED” next to each school. PLEASE CONFIRM THIS IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE A REQUEST.
- SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
IMPORTANT FORMS (also available in Naviance)
- Authorization to Release Records- turn in the Records Release Authorization form to the counseling office one time to give us permission to release your transcript to schools.
- Transcript Request (via Naviance) -see below for how to- Once your Records Release Authorization form is submitted, you should make an electronic request in Naviance for your transcript and school packet (letters of recommendation and rating checklists, school profile) to be sent to each college where you will apply. You need to make this request at least 15 school days before you need the packet to arrive to the college, and you need to do one for each college where you will apply! Process for requesting official transcripts in Naviance (Seniors Only)
- Teacher Letter of Rec Follow-Up Form- this form must be given to the teachers who agreed to write a letter for you last spring ASAP to confirm your earliest college deadlines.