7th Grade Science: Grading Policies
Academic Letter Grades will be determined according to the following weighted categories:
- Tests/Quizzes: 65%
- Labs/Activities/Classwork/Homework: 35%
Qualities of a Learner Grade will be determined according to learning behaviors as described in the GVMS Qualities of Learner Rubric in the student handbook.
- Assignments are expected to be completed and handed in on the due date.
- If graded assignments are late, the grade will drop 10% each school day until submitted.
- All work should be submitted before the conclusion of the unit.
- There are no retakes on graded assignments; however, the student is encouraged to see their classroom teacher for opportunities to review the information.
- There is no extra credit. Multiple opportunities throughout the marking period encourage students to self-monitor learning of concepts and improve grades.
*Please Note: These policies are consistent across the 7A, 7B, and 7C Science teachers.