Classroom Expectations for a Positive Learning Environment in 7th Grade Science
Be responsible ~ Take accountability for and ownership of your thoughts, words, and actions.
Be on time ~ You are in your seat and ready to go at the start of class.
Bring the following with you to class each day:
- Charged iPad
If you plan to use hard copies of class materials, you should also bring:
When you are absent or missing work...
- Check Canvas to see what work was missed during class.
- See your teacher about making up your missed work (i.e. quizzes, labs) when you return to school. Remember, you may see your teacher before school, during 8th period, or after school.
Be Respectful ~ Be tolerant and accepting of differences and show that you value other people's perspectives, time, and space.
- Be positive towards everyone in the class.
- Listen to peers/teachers when they are talking.
Be an active learner ~ This is characterized by...
- Make an effort to try your best each day.
- Participate class during whole group and lab activities.
- Ask questions when you do not understand or need clarification.
If you need to get in touch with your teacher outside of school….
- Miss Amodei – email@example.com
- Mrs. Kratzer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Mack – email@example.com
*Please Note: These expectations are consistent across the 7A, 7B, and 7C Science teachers.