The Online Classroom
In the event that students will need to access their learning from home, it is important to recognize that the the virtual classroom is still a classroom. Please talk with students about demonstrating the same respect and courtesy for their teachers and for other students they would in the building classroom. Our Acceptable Use Policy still applies.
- Remember that any direct instruction lessons may involve two-way camera and audio usage (meaning that the instructor will likely see and hear what is occurring in your home, including what everyone is wearing).
- Do not audio/video record lessons.
- Maintain the confidentiality of other students, if your child is participating in a group lesson. (Remember that all individuals participating will likely see and hear what is occurring in your home, including what everyone is wearing, just as you may see and hear what is occurring in their home).
- Please email your child’s teacher after the lesson is complete, if you have any questions or concerns. Do not interrupt the activity with questions, either through the audio or through emails. Allow the professional to focus on the activity.
- As we proceed and as circumstances change, we will send updated reminders of these and potentially new guidelines.