GVHS Library offers a flexible collaborative learning classroom that is available for booking by any student, student group, teacher, or department for a variety of needs. When GVHS went to 1:1, providing every student with an ipad, GVHS Library knew our physical desktop computer lab would no longer be the best way to serve our students. During the summer of 2019, we decomissioned the outdated computer lab and began transitioning the space into a multi-use learning lab. This room is availble to the entire GVHS community, to meet their various collaborative learning needs.
The Lab is being transitioned with flexibility and multi-use functionality as a priority. With additions like comfortable seating, flexible collaborative hubs, a new display screen, and a green screen wall, the new Library Lab is responsive to a wide variety of learning needs.
During 2019-2020 School Year the Library Lab served as:
- Library classroom for research and literature appreciation instruction
- a quiet study space alternative
- a meeting space for student clubs
- a meeting and collaboration space for departments
- a space for the librarian to lead professional development opportunities for staff
- a recording studio
- a small group study or collaboration space
- and more!
Computer Lab before evolution
Library Lab after evolution