Citing an ebook from a website
(like Project Gutenberg or Archive.org)
Citing an ebook that you access directly from a website is a little different than citing an ebook from an app/software. Here are the steps for citing an ebook that you accessed directly on a website, usually in the form of a PDF or a hypertext version.
- Click sources
- Click new source
- Click website
- Click book
- First you need to fill out as many boxes in the "website" section as you can.
- If you cannot answer any of the boxes information, leave that box blank.
- You can see in my example below that I left two boxes blank. The DOI box, and the Publisher box.
- That is because I was not able to locate that info on the website my ebook was on.
- That is okay. It is not unusual to occassionally need to leave some boxes blank.
- Second you need to import your book (see instructions for this below)
Import your book by ISBN or author/title
- Click the dropdown next to ISBN
- Switch it to say "title."
- Type your title into the white box next to "title"
- Click "search"
- Look at the results and find a match
- Make sure the author AND title match!
- Click the match to highlight it blue
- Click "import selected source"
- If there are no matches, you can try adding the author's name to the search and clicking "search again"
- Click continue
- Click Save
- You are now finished citing this ebook into noodletools