Why Full Day Kindergarten?
- Research shows that full-day kindergarten programs give students a strong foundation in critical literacy skills and social and emotional learning.
- Approximately 75% of schools is our state and nation offer a full-day kindergarten program.
- A full-day kindergarten program will engage our youngest learners in developmentally appropriate opportunities for deeper learning that better prepare them for academic success.
- A full-day program allows time to provide deeper, more meaningful learning experiences directly related to core content.
- Full-day affords time to build 21st century skills (6 c's - communicate, collaborate, create, content, critical thinking, confidence) and to develop and practice social skills.