Student Devices | Parent Information
The District's 1:1 initiative provides each student with an iPad. Please see the video on the sidebar to the right for more information about this program. Please note this video was recorded during the 2017-2018 school year.
Students returning to the Great Valley School District in the 2020-2021 school year:
- Students will take iPads home over the summer.
- We will not collect iPads at the end of the school year.
- The terms and conditions outlined in the GVSD One-to-One Parent and Student Handbook apply over the summer break.
- Parents are asked to submit the annual $75 Technology Fee.
Please see the payment information below for more information about making the payment.
Students not returning to the Great Valley School District in the 2020-2021 school year:
- Students who decide they will not return to the Great Valley School District over the summer break need the return the following items to 47 Church Rd. Malvern, PA 19355, attn. Technology Department.
- the iPad
- the iPad case
- the charger
- the power cord
- If you do not return these items before Monday, August 24, 2020, you will be billed for the full cost of replacement ($660+).
The payment window for the annual technology fees is now open.
- The annual $75 technology fee is waived for students who qualify for free and reduced lunch. *
- The annual $75 technology fee is due before the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year.
- The fee can be paid online via PaySchoolsCentral, or checks payble to GVSD can be mailed to GVSD District Office (47 Church Road, Malvern).
- Students who do not pay the $75 fee:
- Will have an obligation documented on their Skyward account after November 1.
- Will assume the full cost of repairs and replacement ($660+) for damage or loss.
Note: At this time, the technology fee only pertains to incoming 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th Grade students.
* Pennsylvania law requires parental consent for food services to share information about students who qualify for free and reduced lunch with other departments in the school district. If your student qualifies for free and reduced lunch and you would like the fee to be waived, please fill out this form.
Parent Consent Form
All parents and students participating in the 1:1 are required to sign a consent form indicating that they have read the following:
Please sign the consent form found in Skyward.
If you do not have a Skyward Family Access Account, use the directions below to set it up.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Technology Department at (610) 889-2125, ext. 52130 if you have any questions or concerns.
One-to-One Informational Presentation
Please be aware that this video was recorded during the 2017-2018 school year.