2019 Unit Four Topic 6.4 & 6.5 Formative Assessment Foreign Policy
Examine the current foreign policy of President Trump through a current events Portfolio.
Examples of different aspects of the foreign policy of the Trump administration include:
- The USMCA (the "new NAFTA")
- Tariffs against china
- Immigration Policy
- Stance on the United Nations
- Iran, the Nuclear Treaty, and Economic Sanctions
- North Korea and Nuclear Weapons
- Global Warming
- relations with Saudi Arabia
- Filter your search results to only show results from previous two years time.
- Make sure your source is reputable.
Finding Resources: Check the library's databases and/or the free web*
- Library's databases - (databases are more likely to provide reputable and easily filtered/searched results)
- Databases to try:
(use password: 24752000287597) to Browse and read full-text newspapers from more than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, plus leading titles from around the world, or search articles instantly by title, headline, date, author, newspaper section, or other fields. InfoTrac Newsstand also includes thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts, and transcripts
- Free Web - free web sources (anything through google/search engines) may include false/incomplete/unconfirmed information. YOU must check to ensure the information is reputable.
- How do I check if my source is reputable?
- You should also check your news source's bias and reputation on a site like MediaBiasFactCheck. It will summarize the source's reputation and political leanings, which can help you decide if the source is reputable. You want to choose sources that have a center bias indicator, rather than anything that leans too extremely to the left or right of the scale.
- Suggested free web resources