Tips for Reading Aloud:
- Bring in a favorite book or two. (*ask teacher for specific number you should bring or the amount of time you have)
- Read through it several times so you are familiar with the story.
- When reading the book to the class, show the pictures. You can do this while you are reading or after you finish reading the page. The kids love the pictures, and they provide so much extra detail!
- Change your voice as is appropriate… Speed up, slow down, pause for effect, lower your voice for the sad parts, for happy parts talk in an excited voice, if you can do accents…go for it…the kids love them! 😊
- Most of all…Have FUN! By reading to the class, you allow students to share your love of books and reading!