The Board honored the following GVSD employees who are retiring:
- Donna Agard, Clerical Aide, DO
- Bruce Bellgrau, Custodian, GW
- Joel Braverman, Social Studies Teacher, MS
- Beverly Campbell, Building and Grounds Secretary, DO
- Patricia Carlini, French Teacher, HS
- Helen Cockerham, Cafeteria Aide, HS
- Judy Fusco, Aide, MS
- Joseph Labik, Custodian, CT
- Janet Licci, School Psychologist, MS
- Beverly Meade, Aide, HS
- Susan Ostien, French Teacher, HS
- Erlene Pearson, Aide, MS
- Jean Readman, Food Service Coordinator, MS
- Beth Richey, Art Teacher, HS
- Linda Salvitti, Aide, ST
- Daniel Santangelo, Custodian, HS
- Karol Scheibe, School Nurse, MS
District employees who celebrated 25, 30, or 35 years of service this year were also honored by the Board.
Kelly DeMillion, General Wayne Elementary School Kindergarten teacher was honored for her selection as the Elementary Grand Prize Winner of the Citadel Heart of Learning Award.
- Students were honored for their achievement in the Delaware Valley Science Fair and the Chester County Science Research Competition.
- A Middle School Robotics Team won the 2018 Middle School VEX Robotics State Championship.
- Six members of the Great Valley High School FBLA earned awards at the FBLA State Competition.
- The Great Valley Varsity Academic Team is the winner of the PA State Academic Competition for the second consecutive year.
- Two GVHS students earned the grand prize in the West Chester University “Business Idea Competition”.
- Junior Nandhini Krishnan was elected Lt. Governor of District 22 for the PA Key Club and received the Outstanding Board Member Award.
- Thirteen GVHS seniors were selected as finalists in the National Merit Scholarship Program
The Board adopted the following policies:
- Policy 105.4: Alternative Credit for PE
- Policy 232: Participation in School Affairs
- Policy 339, 439, 539: Uncompensated Leave (AG)
- Policy 342, 442, 542: Jury Duty
- Policy 347, 447, 547: Workers Compensation (AG)
- Policy 404: Employment of Professional Employees
- Policy 432, 532: Working Periods (AG)
- Policy 440: Responsibility of Staff for Student Welfare (AG)
- Policy 541: Benefits for Regularly Employed Part Time Personnel
- The Board approved contracts with Insight and CCRES for support service personnel.
- The Board approved a Memorandum of Understanding between the GV Board of School Directors and the Great Valley Education Association. The MOU is posted on the GVSD website, as part of the negotiations update.
- A bid was approved for work to replace a waterline on the campus of GVHS. Work is planned for the summer to minimize disruption. If needed, emails will be sent over the summer about changes in traffic patterns as the work is complete.
- Stephanie Gunderson was elected as the Board Treasurer.
- The Board approved an agreement with Terri Erbacher, Ph.D., for an all-day presentation to staff entitled, Safety Protocols – Considerations in Suicide Risk and Threat Assessments. Guidance counselors, social workers, psychologists, nurses, and administrators will participate on June 14.
The Board approved a resolution strongly opposing Senate Bill 2, which addresses school vouchers.