Staff and Students Honored
The School Board honored students and staff for their outstanding achievements:
- Kenneth Morris, maintenance coordinator, has fulfilled all of the personal, ethical, and professional requirements established by the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials (PASBO) and has earned the title of PA Registered School Business Specialist.
- Twenty-two Great Valley fourth and fifth grade students earned awards at the Chester County Science Research Competition (Jonas Salk Science Fair).
- The 2018 Boys’ Basketball Team earned the title of 2018 Ches-Mont American Champions.
- Students at Great Valley High School were honored for their selection/participation in PMEA Band, Orchestra, and Choir.
The Board adopted the following policies:
- Policy 337: Vacation
- Policy 338: Sabbatical Leave for Restoration of Health
- Policy 338.1, 438.1: Compensated Professional Leaves
- Policy 428, 528: Salary Determination; Wage and Salary Determination
- Policy 529: Substitute Compensation
- Policy 520: Overtime/Compensatory Time
- Policy 527: Vacation (AG)
- Policy 543: Paid Holidays
- Policy 808: Food Service (AG)
The Board approved a resolution adopting the Preliminary Budget for the 2018-2019 school year. The Preliminary Budget totals $105,700,000, and represents a 2.4% increase from the current year (within the Act 1 Index). The Board is scheduled to adopt a final budget in June.
Special Education Plan
The Board approved the District Special Education Plan, which will now be submitted to the PA Department of Education.