Board Honors Students and Staff
The School Board honored students and staff for their outstanding achievements:
- Melissa Klaus, the district’s purchasing coordinator, has fulfilled all of the personal, ethical, and professional requirements established by the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials (PASBO) and has earned the title of PA Registered School Business Specialist.
- KDM students Emily Chi, Shalika Bhattacharyya, and Akshara Prasad placed within the top three spots in the Rotary Club of Phoenixville’s annual spelling bee.
- GVHS students Evan Anderson and Geoffrey Barratt earned the rank of Eagle Scout from the Boy Scouts of America.
- The School Board was recognized by GVEA. In honor of School Board recognition month (which was in January), GVEA placed books in each school’s library that were dedicated to the School Board members.
The Board adopted the following policies:
- Policy 325, 425, 525: Dress and Appearance (AG)
- Policy 328: Administrator Compensation
- Policy 331, 431, 531: Job-Related Expenses (AG)
- Policy 333, 433, 533: Professional Development
- Policy 336, 436, 536: Personal Necessity Leave
- Policy 453, 553: Tutoring for a Fee (AG)
- Policy 919: Campaigning and Other Political Activity
The School Board continues to work with administration on the development of the 2018-2019 budget. The tentative budget currently totals $105,700,000, and represents a 2.4% tax increase, which is within the Act 1 Index. Presentations and budget considerations will be made at Finance Committee and School Board meetings until a final budget is adopted in June.
Budget presentations are available on this website.