Mystery Reader Guidelines
· Please choose a book that your second grader really enjoys.
· Picture books, poetry books, and short non-fiction books are great choices. Please don't bring a chapter book. Sadly, they are too long!
· We have a tight schedule. You will only have 15 minutes to read. So, choose 1 book that takes about 15 minutes to read OR choose 2 shorter books.
· If you're having trouble finding a book, please check in our Library. Our librarian, Mr. Salerno, can give some good suggestions!
Remember to submit 3 clues to Mrs. Rice prior to your reading day.
· Clue #1 Tough Clue that won't give you away. (Something that your child might not know about you.)
· Clue #2 Something that your child might know about you. (favorite food, color, animal, etc.)
· Clue #3 Clue that will reveal your identity to your child (pet's name, your job, your address, special family memory, etc.)
KEEPING IT A MYSTERY:
· Please arrive early enough to sign in at the office and still be outside the classroom 3-5 minutes early.
· When you arrive at our room (Room 310), knock loudly on the door. Then, move back so that no one can see you and reveal your identity.
· At this point, we'll have read our final clue and we'll be ready to open the door and let you in!
Please DO NOT bring any food or other treats for the class. It's enough of a treat just to hear some wonderful books read by such wonderful "mystery readers"!
Thanks for volunteering your time to share a special book with our class! Have fun!