Learning about Shakespeare and his Life and TimesDirections: Answer the questions for your given tasks. You will have a quiz on this information.Task #1: The man...William Shakespeare
- Find at least one picture of him and save it in your photos!
- When was he born?
- Where was he born?
- Who was Shakespeare's wife?
- How many children did they have?
- When did he die?
When is World Book Day celebrated and why?
Task #2: The Globe Theatre
- What is The Globe?
- Find an image of it and save it.
- What is significant about its shape/structure?
- When was The Globe built?
- What happened to the theatre in 1.613?
- Name three other theatres in London in 16th century.
Task #3: Shakespeare's works
Task #4: The Authorship DebateThe Shakespeare authorship question is the argument that someone other than William Shakespeare of Stratford-upon-Avon wrote the works attributed to him. Anti-Stratfordians—a collective term for believers of the various alternative-authorship theories—believe that Shakespeare of Stratford was a front to shield the identity of the real author or authors, who for some reason did not want or could not accept public credit. (source: modified from Wikipedia)First, define
- Name three of Shakespeare's comedies.
- Name three of Shakespeare's tragedies.
- Name three of Shakespeare's histories.
Then, visit this webpage and for Shakespeare and one other person from the below, include 2 reasons supporting the theory he's the true Bard and 2 problems with it. (So you'll have at least 4 points, 2 for Shakespeare, and 2 for another dude.)
- "ghost writer"
- Edward De Vere
- Sir Francis Bacon
- Christopher Marlowe