Physical and Dental Exams
Parents are urged to take their children to their family healthcare provider and dentist for the required school physical and dental exams. Your family healthcare provider is best able to treat your child and to detect any changes in a child's health. Notify the School Nurse if you need physical or dental exams done by the school doctor or dentist. A written and dated parent permission note must be sent to the nurse for a student to be seen by the school doctor or dentist in the spring.
- Required for original entry to school in Kindergarten or 1st Grade (whichever is the entry level year), and again in Grades 6 and 11;
- Exams done up to one calendar year before school entry or before Grade 6 or Grade 11 will be accepted;
- Physical exam is also required for any child new to the school district whose health records are incomplete.
- Required for original entry to school in Kindergarten or 1st Grade (whichever is the entry level year), and again in Grades 3 and 7;
- Exams done up to one calendar year before school entry or before Grade 3 or Grade 7 will be accepted;
- Dental exam is also required for any child new to the school district whose health records are incomplete.
- Contact the School Nurse if you have any questions concerning these requirements, or if you need assistance.
Physical and Dental exam forms are on the Forms Page, or they may be obtained at any GV health office.
The Children's Dental Clinic
The Children's Dental Clinic in Berwyn offers dental services to children in our school district if they do not have preventive dental insurance and the family is around the same income status for receiving the free or reduced lunch program. This is a non-profit community organization that is located in the Tredyffrin/Easttown Middle School. The program includes an initial oral exam, cleaning, prophylaxis, topical fluoride, X-rays when needed, fillings, and any other treatment that can be accomplished in the office setting. The cost of any visit is $5.00. If you need further information or an application for the Children's Dental Clinic, please call the Dental Clinic directly at 610-240-1213.