In math, practice makes permanence. Therefore, there will be homework Monday through Thursday each week. Homework assignments will be posted in class and on Student Canvas Calendar.
The best way to approach a homework assignment is to refer to the class notes or website (completed notes) for support. All work must be shown as modeled in class in order for an assignment to be considered complete. Homework assignments will be reviewed the following day in class. It is very important that you check over your work, and correct any mistakes using a pen or pencil of another color. All homework answers that are posted on Canvas are expected to be checked the night it is assigned, so that when we review it class, you are prepared with all questions. If you do not have internet access at home, please see me.
In order to be successful, all homework assignments must be completed before class meets the following day. If you are absent, be sure to check Canvas Calendar for the homework assignments that you missed. You will have 2 days for every day of absence to make up work. If you know in advance that you will be absent, I ask that you request work and/or schedule make-up tests/quizzes in advance.
· Academic Grade - Grades will consist of a variety of assessments.
· Grades are based on a variety of assignments and tasks and will be viewable on Skyward. There will be both Formative and Summative Assessments that include but are not limited to:
· Tests (Summative) – these will be approximately double point value of quiz (formative)
· Quiz (Formative) – these will be at least half of point value of test (summative)
· Homework completion (homework may be marked no-count)
- Based on 0,1,2 scale
2 = completed and checked
1 = partially completed
0 = not completed
· Qualities of a Learner Grade
See description in Student Handbook.
Students will create portfolios for all graded work, such as quizzes and tests. Once an assessment has been taken, graded, and corrected by the student it will be placed in the portfolio to remain in the classroom.