Great Valley Volleyball Info
Congratulations to all 7th & 8th grade team members for the 2018 season!
Practices are held every day from 2:45-4:45 PM, unless we have a game or school is closed. The Game Schedule is below and is subject to change. The players will be notified of any changes. The schedule is also located on the school website under Athletics > Game Schedules. The Team Handbook has been given out at practice and contains a form that needs to be signed by parents and players and returned this week. Looking forward to a great season!
7th Grade plays at 3:15 PM
8th grade plays immediately following
Fugett MS, West Chester
Stetson MS, West Chester
Vs. Penns Grove
Vs. Garnet Valley
7th Grade Coach: Melissa Raymond email@example.com
8th Grade Coach: Sheila Amodei firstname.lastname@example.org
Help with the 5-1 Rotation:
Volleyball Equipment Tips for New Players:
- Knee pads are helpful and suggested but not required to be on the court.
- Coaches do not make recommendations on brands for shoes nor does GVMS Volleyball have any discounts for items with local sporting good stores for volleyball. Players may wear athletic sneakers and do not need to invest in expensive volleyball specific shoes just for the middle school season.
- Players may wear own white or black socks, crew or ankle, their choice for games.
- Jerseys are the only item provided by the school. They are costly for parents to replace if lost so we remind players to take care of them and not put them in the dryer.
- Players may wear solid black shorts or spandex for games. Small logos are acceptable but not colored piping along the edges. Reasonable length of shorts/spandex is required. Please see Coach if further explanation is needed.
- Players are not to wear jewelry or have hair bands around their wrists. They may wear soft headbands/hairbands during the games in solid black or white if needed.
- Players may bring water bottles and healthy snacks for games.
- Players should wear sweatshirts/sweatpants to games when the cooler weather arrives.
Club Volleyball Programs
Club Volleyball is a travel team for the sport of volleyball. Most players on high school teams play on club teams and many middle school players are also pursuing these opportunities. Some club teams have a more extensive travel schedule than others and club fees can vary greatly. Be sure to check out the various websites prior to attending try-outs.
Try-outs for club teams occur at the beginning of November and there is a fee to attend.
Open gyms begin in October and are free to attend as well as a great opportunity to meet coaches and directors, get extra practice time, and begin to understand what the club volleyball experience can be like.
East Coast Power (http://ecpowervolleyball.com/)
Highline Volleyball (https://www.highlinevb.com/)
Keystone Juniors (http://www.keystonejuniors.com/)
Liberty Belles (http://www.libertybelles.com/)
Philly Storm (https://www.phillystormvb.com/)
Royal Legends (https://www.royallegendsvbc.com/)
Sparks Volleyball Club (http://www.sparksvolleyball.com/)
Synergy Volleyball Club (http://www.synergyvolleyball.com/)
**More info for parents on playing club volleyball and KRVA registration: http://www.krva.org/