Films as Literature: Director Project***Please excuse the bare/poor quality of this page. It's currently under construction!***
When we view film as literature, the director is the author. We will aim to discern the director’s distinctive creative “signature” upon the films that he or she directs, and establish the narrative structures within it that create the story.Materials:Resources
- NYT's "Anatomy of a Film" Video Channel
- This is a PPT based on that (Anatomy of a Scene PPT)
- Videos in PowerPoint Tutorial
- Colors and their meaning. (Thanks, Conor, for this website!)
- Awesome example: Christopher Nolan
- First analysis due March 14th to turnitin.com by 10 pm!
- Second analysis due April 15 to turnitin.com by 10 pm!
- Third analysis due April 30 to turnitin.com by 10 pm!