Hello and welcome! My name is Ms. Mariani and this will be be my tenth year teaching! I will be one of three teachers in 5th grade this year at Charlestown Elementary! I have been at Charlestown for four years now and it is truly a wonderful place! It is an honor to be surrounded by such outstanding educators, staff, families, and students. Prior to coming to Charlestown I taught grades 5-8 in math and science, grade 2, ESY, and coached cheer at the high school level. Fifth grade is definitely the best grade! We get to lead the school community and model being great students! I have attended Gwynedd Mercy and Cabrini Colleges where I have received my Bachelor's and Master's Degrees. I am certified in Elementary Education as well as Special Education. I love teaching and building a classroom community where all learners feel comfortable and happy to learn!
A few other fun pieces of information about me:
- My favorite food is pasta, specifically homemade cavatellis
- My favorite movies are The Sandlot and It Takes Two
- I love listening to music
- I love to read whether it be novels, magazines, or articles online
- I love to visit new places to travel and explore
- Yoga is something I like to do often
- I was a cheerleader (for over ten years!), tennis, and softball player
- You can catch me watching football whenever it's on
- I love to be with my big family and friends
- I love to relax outside or on the beach with a good book
- I love learning about new topics and expanding my knowledge
- Most recently I am enjoying cooking up new recipes! Practice makes perfect!
Looking forward to learning about all of you!